Recipe came from...
Martha Stewart living magazine Sept' 07 edition.
I love the smell of honey in this cookie. Its wonderful :)
The honey lends these bite-size shortbread cookies more than just delicate flavor.
To make this cookie. First you need to toast the walnuts.
To toast walnuts:
Spread them in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet & bake in a degree oven 350 F for 10 min.
- 2 Sticks (8 oz) Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
- 2 1/1 Cups All-Purpose Flour, Plus more for shaping
- 1 1/4 Cups Coarsely Chopped Toasted Walnuts (About 4 3/4 oz)
- 1/3 Cup Honey, Plus 1/4 Cup (Warmed until liquid) for brushing
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
1. Pulse Flour, Salt, and 3/4 Cup toasted walnuts in a food processor until finely chopped.
2. Beat butter on medium-high speed until fluffy about 3-5 min. Add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy about 2 min more. Beat in 1/3 cup honey, Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture and beat until just combined (Dough will begin to pull together). Shape into a disk and wrap in plastic, Refrigerate at least 11/2 hours (Or up to 2 days).
3. Preheat oven to 325 F. Let dough stand at room temperature for 10 min. Pinch off about 2 tsp dough and roll into a 1-inch ball. Repeat, Spacing balls about 1 inch apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
4. Flatten cookies to 1/2 inch thick with the floured bottom of a glass. Press one of the remaining walnut pieces into each cookie.
5. Bake, Rotating sheets halfway through until edges are pale golden about 20 min. Transfer sheets to wire racks and brush cookies with warm honey.
6. Let it cool. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up 2 weeks. Make about 7 dozen cookie.
*Recipe Courtesy of Martha Stewart
*Pictures Courtesy of Mysexykitchen