This delicious cookies recipe came from...
Glamour magazine Oct'07 edition.
It's a sweet and spicy cookie with a blend of cardamom and cashews.
If you guys like the combination of sweet and spicy.
You have to try this one for sure. It's to die for :)
I love this cookies because of the cardamom flavor.
Here's before oven pictures:
This cookie recipe courtesy of Padma Parvati Lakshmi.
She's an Indian-American cookbook author, actress and model.
She has been the host of the reality TV program Top Chef.
And here's after oven pictures:
- 1/2 lb (2 Sticks) Unsalted Butter, Fresh from fridge, Cut in 6 pieces
- 1/4 Cup Confectioners' Sugar plus more for dusting
- 1/2 Cup Raw Crushed Cashews (Put in plastic bag and smashed with hammer)
- 1 Tsp Cardamom Powder (Green, Not the black one. Green is best for baking)
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
1. Cream together butter and confection sugar. Add flour, vanilla extract, cashews, cardamom powder and salt, Mix well to form dough.
2. Let stand for 30 minutes. Covered at room temperature.
3. Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
4. Use your hands to make small balls about 1 inch in diameter and place on sheet. Flatten balls with the bottom of a glass dipped in flour so they resemble irregular clouds, Then make sure cookies don't touch.
5. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes. Removes from oven, Dust tops with confection sugar. Cool on racks, Makes 25 to 30 cookies.
*Cardamom is used for herbs within two genera of the ginger family Zingiberaceaey, namely Elettaria and Amomum. Both varieties take the form of a small seedpod, triangular in cross-section and spindle-shaped, with a thin papery outer shell and small black seeds. Elettaria pods are light green in color, while Amomum pods are larger and dark brown.
*Recipe Courtesy of Padma Parvati Lakshmi (Top Chef Host)
*Pictures Courtesy of Mysexykitchen, Here and Here