And i add some dry shredded coconut about 1 Cup.
Turns out very good, I love it!
It's crunchy on the outside yet soft in the inside, Perfect :)
These legendary bars are based on the first American chocolate chip cookies recipe.
The recipe came from 500 cookies. (I posted the recipe book picture in the "Cookies Anyone?" section)
- 2 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup (2 Sticks) Sweet Butter
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Unrefined Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups (7 oz.) Chopped Pecans
- 1 Cup (5 oz.) Bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C). Grease and line a 9 x 13-in. (23 x 33-cm) pan.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
3. Beat the butter and sugars together with the vanilla extract. Beat in the eggs. Stir the flour mixture, nuts and chocolate chips into the mixture.
4. Spoon the batter into the pan. Bake 25 minutes until golden and firm. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes and cut into squares. Remove from the pan and cool on wire rack.
5. Store in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
*Recipe Courtesy of 500 Cookies pg. 37 By Philippa Vanstone
*Pictures Courtesy of Mysexykitchen