Today i am making a Shortbread.
In case some of you guys didn't know what shortbread is.
Here's the Definition of Shortbread:
Shortbread is a type of biscuit (cookie).
Which is traditionally made from one part white sugar,
Two parts butter and three parts plain white flour.
Shortbread is so named because of its crumbly texture.
(From an old meaning of the word short).
The recipe call for Raspberry jam.
I prefer strawberry jam, Because i love strawberry :)
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 Cup White Sugar
- 1/ Cup Strawberry Jam
- 1/2 Tsp Almond Extract
1. Combine butter, sugar and 1/2 tsp almond extract in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy and scraping bowl often.
2. Reduce speed to low, Add flour and beat until well mixed. Cover and refrigerate until firm (at least 1 hour).
3. Heat oven to 350 F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Make indentation in center of each cookie with thumb (edges may crack slightly).
Fill each indentation with about 1/4 tsp jam.
4. Bake for 14-18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand 1 minute, Remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely. Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
*Recipe Courtesy of Landolakes
*Pictures Courtesy of Mysexykitchen