Today i was in the mood for Durian Muffins.
So i tried this yummy recipe from Here
Some of my friend introduces me to this site (Thanks Tarissima!)
This is a very versatile and fast recipe. Not only its moist and delicious because of the yogurt. The same batter can be used to make a Durian Cake.
Since i still have lots of Durian Flesh, I made a Durian cake :)
Guess what? I think i like the cake better than the Muffins :)
And the yogurt makes both of these Durian muffins & cake taste even better.
- 100 gr Plain Flour
- 125 gr Cake Flour (I'm using Organic Pastry Wheat Flour)
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 200 gr Unsweetened Plain Yogurt
- 160 gr Durian Flesh (I'm using frozen durian, Then i puree the durian flesh)
- 85 gr Unsalted Butter
- 2 Eggs, Room Temperature, Well Beaten
- Almond Flakes for sprinkling (Optional)
1. Grease/Line 12 muffins pan and small bundt pan, Preheat oven to 180 C (356 F)
2. Sift flours, Baking soda & baking powder. Combine yogurt and durian flesh/puree, Mix well.
3. Cream butter & sugar until light and creamy. Dribble in eggs slowly about 1 tbsp at a time. Beating constantly for about 2 minutes.
4. On a LOW speed beat in 1/3 of flour mixture until just combined. Beat in 1/2 of the yogurt mixture then beat in 1/2 of the remaining flour mixture. Follow by the remaining yogurt. Finally beat in the remaining mixture.
5. Divide mixture into muffins pan and bundt pan.
For Muffins: Sprinkle almond flakes on top. Bake 20-25 minutes.
For Durian cake: Sprinkle almond flakes on the bottom of the bundt pan. Bake 45-50 minutes.
*Tips for Cake Flour substitute, U can peek in Here!
*Recipe Courtesy of Here
*Pictures Courtesy of Mysexykitchen