How to bake a scrumptious easy dessert?
Recipe came from Glamour magazine Feb' 08 edition.
Top Chef judge Ted Allen shared this family recipe.
(Its his Aunties).
It combines chocolate cake with hot coffee.
(He makes his with Godiva chocolate creme flavored, But any java will do).
I makes mine with regular java. Turns out a bit bitter.
Next time i will be using Godiva chocolate creme flavored for sure. So i know how it turns out.
I'm pretty damn sure its very good.
Hello, Its freaking Godiva for goodness sake :)
You can also combine regular java with semi-sweet mini chocolate chip morsels or sweet dark chocolate.
Anyway, Here's the Godiva coffee picture so u get the idea. Or u can go to their website, Here.
Nice garnishes with a spoonful of whipped cream and strawberry or berries.
Since i don't have a whipped cream, I garnish it with strawberry.
- 1 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/3 Cup Butter, Softened
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cups Hot Coffee made with Godiva chocolate creme coffee
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 7 Tbsp Powdered Cocoa
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
1. Heat oven to 350 F. In medium bowl, Combine 3/4 cup sugar, flour, 3 tbsp cocoa, baking powder and salt.
2. Blend in milk, butter and vanilla and beat until smooth. Pour batter into a 9-inch square pan.
3. In small bowl, Combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar, 4 tbsp cocoa and brown sugar. Sprinkle over batter. Pour coffee over top, Do not stir.
4. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until the center is set. Let cool. Serves 9.
*Recipe Courtesy of Ted Allen (Top Chef Judge)
*Pictures Courtesy of Mysexykitchen and Here