Tuesday, January 29, 2008

*DURIAN CAKE (KUE DUREN)

I make these delicious dessert (Durian Cake) last week.
I eat most of the cake since my babe doesn't like Durian :)


I found one good recipe Here.
I follow some of the recipe plus i added some other ingredients.
I use 2 stick unsalted butter instead of 1 stick unsalted butter, Turns out the taste is very rich.



I bake my durian cake in my bundt pan instead in cake tin and i use frozen durian.
Here's before and after oven pictures:

Ingredients:
- 16 Oz (454 gr) Frozen Durian
- 2 Stick Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 230 gr White Sugar
- 250 gr All-Purpose Flour, Sifted
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder

- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 25 ml Coconut Milk
- 4 Eggs

Directions:
1. Beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.

2. Add eggs one by one, Beat well each addition.
3. Combine and sift flour, baking powder and salt. Dump flour mixture into wet mixture. Mix thoroughly.
4. Add vanilla, coconut milk and stir well. (
The batter is supposed to drop and not stuck in a lump). Bake 350 F for 45-50 min.

*Durian
is the fruit of trees of the genus Durio belonging to the Malvacea. Widely known and revered in Southeast Asia as the "King of Fruits".

The fruit is distinctive for its large size, unique odor and formidable thorn-covered husk.

The name
durian comes from the Malay word duri (thorn) together with the suffix-an (for building a noun in Malay), meaning "Thorny Fruit".


*Recipe Courtesy of Here
*Pictures Courtesy of Mysexykitchen and Here

No comments: