Fried Banana or Pisang goreng in Indonesian language.
Is a snack food mostly found throughout Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore.
Bananas are deep friend in batter.
These fried banana are very popular in my country.
Excellent served with vanilla ice cream. So Delicioso :)
- 6 Plantains or Dole Bananas, Peeled and cut into 3 pieces
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Rice Flour
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Water (Add more if batter still thick, But not too watery)
- 1/4 Cup Raisins and Shredded Coconut (Optional)
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon Powder (Optional)
- 1 Packages Sugar with Vanilla Flavor
1. In a bowl combine flour, rice flour, salt, vanilla sugar, cinnamon, raisins, shredded coconut and add water until the batter not too thick nor too watery.
2. Fold bananas onto batter. Stir gently. Make sure everything is coated with the batter.
3. Deep fry in hot oil until turning golden brown. Drain in paper towels.
4. Served with vanilla ice cream.
*Recipe and Picture Courtesy of Mysexykitchen